Go back to the Job List
Telecommunication System Specialist
Posted by: Calian
Posted date: 22-Dec-2011
Type of Assignment:
• Conduct scheduled preventive maintenance on all telecommunication rooms (TRs) and main telecommunication rooms (MTRs) to include inside cable, equipment racks/trays, metallic bonding and grounding, labelling, fire stopping and cable records;
• Conduct as directed by the Line Section Manager emergency/priority repair capabilities for all installed copper/fibre/support structures;
• Operate DND Line construction vehicles (up to a 5-ton with a derrick boom) and equipment to erect poles and install pole line hardware and cables;
• Perform installation and repair capability to external cable plants to include antennae support systems;
• Perform installation and repair capability to internal cable plants to include Data Voice Outlet (DVO) installation/removal, alarm circuits, CATV, and fibre patches;
• Maintain accurate copper and fibre electronic cable records database utilising Microsoft office products; and
• Perform Lineman Technician-related tasks incidental to the work
• Minimum of 5 years experience as a Lineman Technician which must include climbing a minimum 40-foot utility pole AND climbing a minimum 100-foot high support structure
• Provincially licensed to operate a motor vehicle up to and including 5 tonnes equipped with air brakes.
• Successful completion of Pole Top Rescue Training.
• Successful completion of Confined Space Safety and Rescue training.
• Certified Boom Truck Operator