Go back to the Job List
Posted by: Adventis Personnel Inc.
Posted date: 12-Sep-2011
Location: Pembroke area
- Prepare and /or review Procurement Engineering deliverables such as end use analyses, failure modes and effects analysis, safety bases determination and Item Equivalency Evaluations.
- Liaise with design staff, vendor community, technical staff and maintenance staff to obtain technical input as required to prepare a complete Procurement Specification or Technical Evaluation.
- Provide advice to company site staff (Engineering, Projects, and Maintenance) on the Procurement process.
- Prepare and/ or approve Bills of Material (Spare Parts Lists).
- Liaise with Supply Chain and Procurement QA on Procurement related matters (OS&D´S, Inspection, Vendor substitutes, Technical discrepancies).
- Proactively support and implement improvement initiatives.
- Contribute to internal or external technical meetings; participate on topical working groups, process improvement teams, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Member of a provincial professional engineering association or registered in PEO Engineer Internship Training Program.
- 2-3 years engineering related experience.
- Knowledge of engineering codes and standards used in the design, construction, and commissioning of nuclear or non-nuclear facilities.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in engineering technical matters to routinely solve technical problems and to make independent decisions.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills; previous experience making technical presentations to small and large audiences.
- Experienced in the technical procurement process, including supplier qualification reviews, bid evaluations, review and acceptance of technical deliverables, and monitoring contractor performance vs. technical specifications.
- Knowledge of CSA N285/N286, ISO 9001 or other quality standards.
- Excellent knowledge of engineering practices.
- Knowledge of Radiation Protection (RP) standards and RP practices.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team and interact with staff at various levels.
- Bachelor (Honours) degree in engineering or applied science from a university of recognized standing.
You must quote Job #1848 on all related correspondence.
Full Job List
Adventis Company Website