Go back to the Job List
Posted by: IPN Brainpower Consulting Inc.
Posted date: 17-Feb-2012
Location: Metro Vancouver
For our client, a Metro Vancouver based, financial software company, we are currently looking for a QA Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. As part of the Research and Development team, the QA Engineer designs, develops, recommends and implements software quality assurance procedures to test and evaluate software products and ensures that products being released are reliable, defect free and function as documented.
• Create and execute test plans to perform feature acceptance testing or regression testing
• Create functional test cases or scripts and supporting test data for each product feature to ensure that the data adequately tests all possible situations
• Continue to improve test automation work by providing test scenarios and test steps, executing and debugging test scripts, maintaining existing test scripts and documentation, and creating new test scripts
• Provide input to defect reporting process, collaborate with developers as needed during system and regression test efforts
• Log, track, and report defect resolution progress
• Provide detailed estimates for allocated work items. Regularly report progress on allocated work including issues that threaten the quality or timeliness of the work
• Ongoing maintenance of test case databases and test data sets
• Prepare test status reports during the test execution process
• Participate in the continual improvement of the analytics, development, and QA processes and procedures
• Commit to acquire a high level of domain knowledge in financial instrument valuations through self and assisted studies
• University degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or a similar discipline
• 5 years of working experience in software quality assurance
• 1 year of relevant experience in scripting, test automation, or software development
• Excellent knowledge of software development life cycles
• Thorough understanding of software quality assurance processes and methodologies
• Proven skills on creating test strategies, test plan, test cases, and test execution
• Experience with scripting languages or tools, such as Perl, Python, Java, Ruby, Selenium, Watir, etc.
• Familiar with platform testing and configurations (Windows and Unix)
• Great analytical, investigative, and organizational skills
• Good communications skills (verbal and written)
• Organized, efficient, and able to meet tight deadlines in highly integrated team environment
• Ideally, experience in financial derivatives / securities market and in particular financial instrument valuations
Apply via email by sending an adequate resume (PDF or MS Word document) to: email@example.com. Make mention of the exact job title in the subject line. Please send your resume, according to Canadian law, without any personal information except of contact details and name. We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.