Go back to the Job List
Accounts Payable Clerk
Posted by: TransGlobe Apartment REIT
Posted date: 06-Feb-2012
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, the accounts payable clerk will process a high volume of invoices in an accurate and timely manner as well as verify for accuracy.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Process a high volume of invoices in an accurate and timely manner.
• Verify and check accuracy of invoices
o Services performed
• Obtain approval from Property Managers as needed for contractor work.
• Ensure discounts are taken where possible
• Reconcile vendor statements.
• Ensure vendor's WSIB and liability insurance is up to date.
• Research, follow up and resolve accounts payable inquires with vendors and other departments.
• Record daily checks released.
• Correct checks if needed, e.g. correct property codes.
• Match checks with invoices with proper back-up.
• Submit checks for final approval and signature.
• Process stop-payments on checks if needed.
• Pull invoices for audits and/or Management inquiries
• Maintain two filing systems:
o Pre-filing system for invoices not yet matched with checks
o Back-up filing system -- invoices and checks paid
• Process monthly reconciliation statements.
• Assist with special projects and any additional duties as necessary
• Minimum two years work experience in an Accounts Payable role
• Book-keeping and Accounting knowledge
• Excel (V.A. format); high level proficiency required
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills, assertive, able to initiate and implement new methods
• Strong follow-up skills and able to deal with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
• Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Works well independently and in a team environment
• Task-oriented and will do what is needed to get job done (able to work overtime if required)
Please send resume via email to email@example.com or fax to 1-866-419-2949 and state position title and salary expectation in the subject line.